Thursday, July 17, 2014

:-(

Today the new foot pedal for my Leclerc Electric Bobbin Winder arrived in the post from Canada.
Could not wait to see if it would work again.
Oh dear, no such luck.
I'm now thinking that the motor has gone after all.
I'm going to take it to a sewing machine specialist and see what he says.
Next week will be little time for weaving as I'm having visitors.
Thinking about what is on next week and what will be interesting to go and visit with them. We'll make a plan Sunday evening after they have arrived.

First, Nijmegen tomorrow. It's the last day of the 4 day marches and my eldest daughter has almost finished her 2nd year. Last year was the first time.
She has blisters, but they have been taken care of by the special team there. Also her knee is giving problems but with medication she is able to continue. So, I'll be at the sideline with her husband and kids to see her come in after finishing the 160km she has walked this week. Very proud of her.
It's quite warm here at the moment! She is lucky to start early at 5 in the morning and should be in by 12.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

:-) :-)

Weaving is so much more relaxing now that the printing plate is renewed.
Looking back, I have had problems from the start. The knife came out of its grove quite regularly. That problem looks like being solved too. Only wove just over 100 picks so far, as I had other things going too.

Today I'm heading towards Hoorn where the yearly Weaversmarket is being held. Here an impression showing the market in 2012.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

:-)

Monday the Interface came back with new printing plate.
I re-installed everything, but the computer would not communicate with the Interface. It had found new software and installed that ok by itself.
Anyway, I was directed to info on Louet page and I found the info that I needed to change port com3 to com4. Problem solved and now they communicate again :-)
So, very happy, after the initial stress getting it to work again. Also very happy with the great service from Louet.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

outing

Today, spent some time with a friend in Amsterdam and was shown parts I have not seen before. When walking, you do see so much more.
We had lunch at the Hortus and looked around, quite big and enjoyable. Next we walked past the Auschwitz Monument. I had only seen it on photos, so was good to see where it is. We were going to walk to the EYE but passed the Hollandsche Schouwburg, so stopped to have a look before continuing our walk to the EYE, where we ended the day with a glass. We had to take the ferry from behind the Railway Station to get there and back again. All in all we walked a few kilometers. This type of outings are gems, unexpected and  in good company.

Friday, July 11, 2014

problems solved

Hurray, my Interface is coming back on Monday (depending on the traffic if they can be here in time, as I have to be out myself part of the day). Otherwise it might be Wednesday for it to be brought.
The printing plate needed replacing. Hope this is the end of all the problems I have had.

Leclerc are sending me a new foot pedal for the electric bobbin winder. So hopefully that problem will be solved too. Just in time as they will be on holiday until August 4th

What a good feeling to go into the weekend, knowing that next week all might be working 100% again.

Picked up a new pair of glasses yesterday, still getting used to them......
Was about time as I had not had my eyes checked for 6 years! What a shock to find out it was so long ago.

Friday, July 04, 2014

shaft problems

Louet is going to update my interface. Hurray. I'm taking it there on Monday and hopefully they will be able to finish the job before their summer break in 2 weeks time. So glad that at last the problem will be tackled. The weaving should be all about the weaving and not having to watch if all shafts are working ok.
So, no weaving until the interface is back. Unless I put on a warp on my Jane loom....

Waiting to hear from Frank Herring for a solution with my pirn winder. Hope that will be resolved too.

I've had to much sun yesterday. Should have worn my sun hat. :-(

Thursday, July 03, 2014

some gardening

I'm to disheartened at the moment to continue with the weaving. I've completely lost the rhythm I had weaving this scarf. I want a solution from Louet to stop the shafts from hanging. No good continue with the weaving until this is resolved. The interfaces are no longer made in Canada but in Holland I learned today. So will get in touch with them in the morning.

So, I put some energy into gardening, away from the loom, this afternoon. First cutting the long grass that was very overdue for a cut and also cutting down part of a tree. Very satisfying work this all was!
I love the tree, but it is just getting to big for my garden. I'm cutting it lower and hoping it will start to grow again, as the birds love it too. I've cut back about 1/4 and will leave it as it is for now, to give the tree time to start growing where I cut.
 

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

water in the garden

uploaded my first video :-)
video

technical problems

I thought things were going well. My bobbin winder was working again. But tonight, after winding about 500 meter it stopped again, just like before. So something is not well. I managed to wind enough on the pirn to continue weaving. I had woven almost 8 windows when I discovered that the back was all wrong for the last 2 windows. Shaft 7 is playing up again and I had not noticed. It is unacceptable for me to leave it like it is.
 So, I'm un-weaving about 13cm. I have almost done 1 window and I will un-weave the other window tomorrow and I will have to correct the interface again for shaft 7. Nothing to see on the front:
For the moment, no more weaving forward, but going backwards. :-(