Saturday, November 02, 2013

new book, new loom

Just back from our yearly National Weaving Day. Always nice to meet up with friends and like minded people. It was a well organised day.
The talk by Loan Oei was so interesting, as I expected it to be.
Of course I picked up my copy (plus 2 for friends) of Marian Stubenitsky's book (240 pages and over 1200 photos and illustrations), it is a beautiful publication.
and a new loom :-)
I did not really have a loom to take with me to workshops, so I invested in a Louet Jane. As we will be weaving Moiré with our guild this winter, I thought this was the right time to get one.

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, good shopping! I am looking forward to seeing your moiré.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, een Jane, weeft heerlijk.
    Op het boek zit ik te wachten. Marian zou er één opsturen.......... ik ben reuze benieuwd.

    Veel weefplezier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am plleased that you had the opportunity to study with Bonnie Inouye.

    I, too, recently purchased a Louet Jane to take to a workshop. It is one of the nicest table looms that I have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, it was so good to study with Bonnie. I missed out in 2009 when she was in England.
    Will warp my Jane this week for first time.

    ReplyDelete