Friday, July 29, 2011

Young Weaver

I have my 6 year old grandson staying with me. I asked him if he would like to do some weaving himself.
So, today we made a warp together and we got my first loom out for him to use.
The loom is now ready and he is weaving like he has done it many times before!
The colour of the warp and weft he choose himself.
Blue and red in the warp
and a multi coloured yarn as weft. All cotton.
Concentration
And after 15 minutes he has come this far and he is singing away whilst weaving.

Yesterday we went to the cinema. We saw Cars 2 in 3D. It was his first visit to the cinema as he usually sees DVD's at home. It was fun to see the film in 3D.

2 comments:

  1. Wat leuk: je hebt ook een wevende kleinzoon! Is dat even genieten! Vooral de ernst en de concentratie op die gezichten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me. I need to do that with my granddaughter on her next visit. She's the same age as your grandson. I wish I would have thought of that before :(

    ReplyDelete