Monday, July 30, 2012

A new garden visitor

Last week my neighbour friend spotted a Greater Spotted Woodpecker in her garden.
Today, I saw him in my garden and managed to take some photos. Unlike the other birds, he is very shy and flies away when he sees some movement.
This all is about 2 meters away from my window and I can see all this sitting at my dining table.
I do not live in the woods but in a build up area (with a green garden), so, I really am enjoying all these visitors that have found my garden. The little birds are not bothered by my cats either. Being almost 15, they do not hunt anymore (have never done much like that anyway) and the birds have learned this by now.
He was just back, and being a real woodpecker, he has managed to get nearer the food ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Wat mooi toch, zo'n beestje in je tuin. Laatst bij een vriendin van mij ook zomaar in de tuin. In Alkmaar Noord!

    ReplyDelete