Friday, June 21, 2013

knitting

Not weaving just now but knitting
I have some silk that I spun ages ago and I'm making a mobius scarf with it.
I tried knitting a mobius scarf before but somehow could not get the first row done but yesterday we had our last guild meeting of the season and I had some great help setting up (thanks Mieke!!!). When home in the evening I started another one to make sure I had learned enough and I had, as I managed to knit 2 rows so far. Happy girl :-)
I'll only find out at the end if my sizing is ok. I set up 250 stitches, making 500 as you knit both sides.
I think it will be nice with the colour differences in the thread.
So I now have 2 scarves in the making as I also have the one that was started by Mieke at the guild meeting.
Garden needs attention and I also need to make a start on finishing the house painting. I only painted the front of the house last autumn, now the back needs doing and the garage door too.
We have had some tropical days but temperature has now gone down drastically.
First I have an exciting week ahead of me, more on that later.

1 comment:

  1. Leuk! lang geleden dat ik een mobius sjaal heb gebreid. Tja, dat opzetten he, geen idee meer. Ik ben heel benieuwd hoe jouw sjaals er straks uitzien.

    ReplyDelete