Wednesday, September 10, 2014

frustrations

Finished 2 scarves on Minerva and very pleased with the result.
The same warp, a fluffy felting wool, but a different colour weft alpaca yarn used.
They shrunk quite a bit, as I was expecting them to do. They feel lovely and soft!

Yesterday I picked up my Leclerc bobbin winder that had been looked at and was working again. Hurray! So, very much looking forward to getting back to my double weave project. After winding almost 1 full bobbin, the winder stopped again, like before. So frustrating!! I'm waiting to hear from my sewing machine man who got it to work again, to find out what he thinks might be the matter.
When it works it's a wonderful piece of equipment. It's only about 1,5 years old and the first year I hardly used it. So, I'm very disappointed with it braking down so quickly. You do not expect that when you make such an investment.
I need to be able to wind a few bobbins before I'm able to continue with my double weave project. I've trebled the warp yarn and am also trebling the weft yarn. By using the endfeed shuttle I can load plenty weft yarn on the pirns. These pirns however do not fit onto my hand winder.

Looks like I have to go back to Minerva to continue weaving:
and finished a 3rd scarf :-)

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous scarves. re bobbin winder is it heating up? maybe that's why it stops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks neki
    no, it was not really heating up and I think the motor should stand up to using it....
    looks like the foot peddle is may be the problem. that was replaced by Leclerc but the new one did not work. however my sewing machine man did get it to work, briefly.......... he will have a look at it again this weekend

    ReplyDelete