Friday, March 18, 2011

This, that and the other

My dobby loom is not yet working. Not sure what I'm not doing correctly or if it is the interface itself. I'm very much missing my computer buddy now. Also still have to re-wind the warp.
For the moment I'm concentrating on other things. I'm having guests this weekend arriving tomorrow from England, we'll be going to a 2-day workshop this weekend in The Hague.

Always great fun these English teaching workshops at De Spinners.
I'm going to do the felting workshop given by Helen.
Monday/Tuesday will be sightseeing days with another friend who is also coming over for the workshop but staying over in The Hague.
So Wednesday is the earliest I can start sorting out the dobby loom.

We have had some lovely sunny days this week. A real feeling of Spring is in the air. The garden is calling too, I've done a bit of tidying up today. Not all my lavender plants were cut last Autumn so that is a job still to be done.

Also took most of my father's clothes to charity today together with a few things from David. Taking small steps at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Ik kijk ook uit naar het weekend bij De Spinners.

    En wat duurt wachten tot je weer verder kan met dat verdraaide ding dan toch lang hè, al heb je leuke dingen te doen.

    Zie je zaterdag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences on the loss of your dear father. What a long life he lived!

    The Netherlands is a place I want to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much on your plate right now. Have a wonderful time with your friends and I do hope your dobby behaves well soon.

    ReplyDelete