Sunday, March 15, 2015

megado

Oh, such a happy bunny with my new loom!
Last Wednesday we sett it up and on Thursday I added the sectional warping to it and sorted out yarn for my first warp on the loom. I've gone for cottolin as I have a bit of a stash and it would be a good warp to continue with the All Tied Up workshop AND get to know my loom.
So I put on a 6m warp with grey and blue cottolin stripes and made it 50cm wide.
This photo was taken Saturday, after I had changed the first section on the right already. It was like the blue on the left. I did not like it together when it was on. The blue was sticking out to much, will be ok as weft. So the left side blue last 2 sections were also changed to the 1st one on the right.

Today I was ready to start weaving, but before that I also added some lighting to the loom
 
They are led lights that you can stick on with tape. They are only 80cm long and the loom is 130 wide but I think it will be enough.

Not sure if the warp is on correctly, it seems strange that the warp does not follow the flat beam at the back
 
But it works, so not to worried at this stage. But will investigate further.
The weaving goes very well, I really like the loom.
I'm weaving a plaited twill at the moment.

I'm also finding that the space around the loom is enough to move about and beam up a warp. I was worried that it might not be but I can place the warping wheel at an angle and that still works ok.

2 comments: