Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spinning Challenge

With having shingles I did not feel like doing much but spinning in the garden was a good way of getting through part of the day. So that is what I did this week. I'm not a great spinner but I had a challenge that lasted 6 years....
The Online Guild has a spinning challenge each year and in 2004 this was North Ronaldsay. 6 years later and I have finished spinning my 500 grams. I have been spinning other fibres over the years, just left part of this 500 grams to be done. It has been a real challenge for me as I found it very short fibre to spin. I left the dark brown to last and half of this was very hairy and the end result is not soft at all like the rest of the spun yarn.
I now have 425 grams (about 1400 meters) of lovely soft yarn in 5 different colours (that is discarding the hairy brown skein at the bottom of the photo). So, my next challenge is to weave something with these yarns. I will not take another 6 years for this next stage ;-)
Luckily I feel a lot better than earlier this week.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, the North Ron is definitely one of my favourite for softness. You have a lovely range of colours and plenty for an interesting project. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete