Sunday, February 12, 2012

Balloons

It is grandchildren weekend and at the local shopping centre they were handing out balloons in heart shape. They both ended up with 2 each. When we came back home the eldest had decided that he was going to sent one with a message to his granddad. In the end the remaining 3 were sent up to their other grandparents and to my father. It was an initiative that I could not stop them doing, a heart-warming idea.
The warp is still not fully wound on but it is on the loom. I was struggling with the Louet raddle again, the yarn did not stay in the raddle when winding on so I got my own raddle out that my father made for me years ago. May be I'll let them help me tomorrow after breakfast. Than I can start threading in the evening.
We will have to see how the weather goes as they have to go back home tomorrow, ready for school on Monday. The forecast is not so good for travelling and it is over an hours drive each way.
In a weeks time it is holiday time again and they will be back but one after the other. Looking forward to this.

2 comments:

  1. Ik gebruik die Louet evenaar (ook) niet meer. Vanaf het begin voerde ik strijd met dat ding en nu heb ik hem maar in de ban gedaan. Ik gebruik mijn oude evenaar of riet voor (dus grof door het riet rijgen en zo het riet als evenaar gebruiken)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik heb 'm met succes gebruikt bij andere kettingen maar deze ketting en de wolle ketting afgelopen oktober, ging het echt mis. Ik gebruik een elastiek om de draden op hun plaats te houden maar bij deze ketting ging het elastiek toch omhoog. Bij de wolle ketting hield het elastiek de doorvoer van de ketting tegen, dus ongelijk opgeboomd. Afplakken heb ik ook geprobeerd maar dat was ook geen optie.

    ReplyDelete