Friday, March 06, 2009

Spinning Blue/Purple

I have been busy spinning this week
to empty my bobbin as I need all of them empty for this weekend. This is space dyed merino wool that I bought years ago and I have enjoyed looking at the lovely colours until I decided to spin it up. It was only 50 grams but I now have 198 meters yarn for weaving.

This weekend I'm going to the workshop Creative Spinning with Jane Deane & Alison Daykin at De Spinners. Amanda Hannaford will also be teaching a workshop there. Really looking forward to meeting all the other spinners.

Tonight I've been busy baking as a surprise to take with me.

We have to bring a picture or an object for inspiration.
I'm bringing this:

This is a stone that I have had for years which has 2 totally different sides. I believe it is an Azurite. The blue is a really deepblue colour with some sparkle and the green layer has many colour variations from pale to dark with some brownish red. That should be inspiring for some lovely coloured yarns hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment