Saturday, March 21, 2009

Springtime

Spring at last!

Sunshine, flowers and lots of buds in the garden. Although the temperature is still low, it just shows what is in store for us very soon!

I have not much weaving to share at the moment as I'm busy preparing myself for next month's Online Guild workshop Roots, woods and bugs: working with the red dyes.

At the moment I'm rewinding larger skeins of worsted and lambswool into smaller skeins. I have 1 kg of each yarn and I'm hoping to end up with lots of different colours red at the end of April. There should be enough yarn together to make a project. I already have something in mind but I will have to wait and see if it will work out the way I intend it to go.
I'm planning to dye with madder, redwood, sandelwood and cochineal. I also have dye extract from Pure Tinctoria that I want to use for the first time in this workshop, in particular red Lac but may be some more red colours.
So watch this space next month :-)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to have the spring flowers blooming? Our garden is suddenly full of daffodils and I can't help smiling back at them.

    ReplyDelete