Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back visiting museum

Today I went back to the Groninger Museum to have another look at Painting Canada that I went to see last month. The colours are so beautiful. This exhibition is on for another month, so I might even go back for a 3rd time to see them. They are so different and I've always wanted to visit Canada, that might have something to do with it. It's making me even more determend to go on a visit.
Last time I only saw the Canadian paintings but there was far more to see and that was another reason to go back to the museum. I was pleasantly surprised to see this. I did not think I would like it but I did. Reading about her work was very interesting. One work that was one of my favourites was this one. I like it that she uses a lot of textile in her work.
The third exhibition to see was work of a designer. Again interesting to read up on her thoughts behind her work. I'm glad I've seen it all.
I took along a friend, she had not been to Groningen before and it was only my 2nd visit. Last time I spent most time in the museum but now we walked about. As everything was closed it was nice to walk the streets without shoppers. We had an enjoyable lunch in a lovely place, it was almost empty when we came in but by the time we left it was buzzing with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment