Wednesday, January 01, 2014

a day in the life of looms 2014

Happy New Year!
Joining Meg with her idea of showing what is on our looms on the first day of the new year.

For me it's a sad state: nothing on the looms
You can see both the magic dobby and the jane (folded up on the right side in the photo) without any warp
Still holiday time but after Friday when grandson is going home, I will be able to turn my attention to the looms. The problem of my laptop not wanting to start up is not yet solved, so unable to operate the dobby at the moment anyway.

I have not mentioned my other looms: vera bross, glimakra, thumm and leclerc. They have been idle for so long now and snowed under, I've almost forgotten about them. I will have to make a decision as to what to do with them all. Start using them again or letting them go to new homes where they will be used.

I'm looking forward to the new year: 
like using up yarns from my stash and putting into practise what I have learned and may be setting up some new challenges

A year ago I would not have thought it possible for me to translate a book, but I did it, so now anything is possible! ;-)

Happy 2014 Weaving to all!!

4 comments:

  1. Gee, that's sad, about the laptop. How disappointing. However, yes, it is time to put on a new loom. (And dare I say, it's better than having the same old warp on the looms for many years as someone I know does... Almost every Loomsday.....) Have a wonderful year, Margreet! I look forward to seeing your future projects here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year!
    i'm sure that loom will be warped and ready soon.
    good luck with the laptop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant, put on a new warp on a loom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gelukkig nieuwjaar en dat je getouwen maar lekker mogen draaien.

    ReplyDelete