Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weaving at last

Yesterday I started weaving this first warp on my new Magic Dobby.
Oh, after some time I discovered 2 mistakes. I've not gone back to undo but now I watch every time that the correct amount of shafts are lifted and not more than the 7 needed.
I suppose a learning curve to get to know my new loom.....
 
Is it not colourful to look at?

In the next photos are the mistakes visible.
The first shows the front with the longer warp floats over 6 rather than 3 threads.
 
The last shows the back with 2 longer weft float.

2 comments:

  1. Ik vind je eerste twee foto's veel leuker dan de tweede twee...... Dat laatste zie ik thuis vaak genoeg hihi.
    Nee, echt heel fraai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the towels, especially the colors. Did you paint the warp yourself? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete