I'm slowly getting on with the corduroy weaving. For weft yarn I'm using odd bobbins and found some cones that I thought would be useless for weaving but hé for the loops they would be ok!
So far I have finished 2 samples.
After the first sample I cut it of the loom (you can see that I did not cut all the loops, it is nice to play with that) and re-threaded as I wanted to try something different like this:
The result is that there are less loops, not sure if it would work (has it become to predictable?) but I just wanted to try it out. It just depends what you are weaving for.
After this sample, I cut it of the loom again and re-threaded for the double corduroy like this:Here I'm using the yarns, all cotton, that I thought was no good. The green just breaks up very quickly but used in the loops it would be ok. I've combined them with a bit of glitter yarn.
Here you can see how I cut the double corduroy, the loops overlap one and other so you have to be very precise to find the right row for cutting. I've tried to show you in a sequence of photos how it works.
Yesterday was Sinterklaas in Holland. You can read more about it here. I had hoped to have gone to the grandchildren but I'm stuck down with a bad cold at the moment so had to stay home. But I did see them 2 weeks ago when we went together to see Sinterklaas who happened to visit their village hall that day! (They are both in the foreground in this picture)