Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's working!

This afternoon I went to Louet with my computer and interface. Joost, who looks after the computer side at Louet in Holland, started up the computer and next the interface. No joy, like what I got myself. He looked at different options and next changed the USB cable. Still no change. Next he used a computer from Louet and still the same problem, no communication. The problem was the interface. It was my lucky day as they had received a new batch in that day! Connecting up to a different interface, problem was solved. They were now talking together!
So, I'm weaving at last with the electronic dobby.
I'm sure I'll have a lot to learn how it all works but for now I can weave the chosen pattern.
It might be quite a challenge in itself to weave with the mohair but I do get a good shed and I'm able to open the sticking warp threads easily. It only slows the weaving down a bit probably.
But I'm a very happy girl tonight and very grateful to Louet and Joost for having resolved the problem. It must have been damaged during transport as Joost tested the interface before it was sent out to me.

Whilst at Louet, I was able to have a look at the production side. That was very interesting to see all.
Apart from the weaving and spinning side they also make bespoke kitchens and bathrooms.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray!

    And I am really tickled by the idea of a bespoke kitchen from Louet... I am imagining lots of texsolv and springs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you finally can weave with the Louet interface working correctly!
    Now you have to plan your next trip ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cally, I can see you thinking :-)
    But when you come to their showroom it is kitchens that you see. For the looms and spinning wheels you have to go upstairs! They will have their website updated soon but you can find current one here: http://www.younicon.nl/projects/louet/

    Doni, yes I will be planning shortly ;-)

    ReplyDelete