Friday, July 15, 2011

Cotton Warp

Here is my new warp, it is a stripy cotton warp and I'll be weaving tea towels. Never done this before. I need to be doing something very simple for this moment as a lot is going on around me. It will be nice to just get into the rhythm of weaving this warp and think of nothing else.
The first towel will be woven with white linen in a satin weave.
It's an 8 shaft satin and the sides are on shaft 9&10.
I think I'll be able to weave 4 or 5 towels from this warp and I want to make them all different. I hope they'll make nice presents to give away.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not quite ready to weave yet. I spent too much time indoors last winter and I know I have more of that to come, but I do love your warp. It helps me anticipate my winter weaving. It doesn't help me anticipate winter!!

    ReplyDelete