Friday, November 23, 2012

bead making

The last 2 weekends were spent with the grandchildren and this last week I spent indoors with a bad cold. I'm still not feeling 100% but some time ago I booked myself for a workshop bead making with silver clay for this afternoon and I did not want to miss this. What fun it was. However, after the 1st bead (on the right) I felt I'd had enough but managed to make another bead (left one), though it did not come out as I had wanted.
The first one has a leaf and a flower on it. The second one has 4 flowers. I wanted them to look like the flower on the first one but could not get it as I wanted, so I made it simpler.
I think the silver clay is a great product.
When it comes out of the oven it still looks like clay but than you start to abuse it with a wire brush and sand blocks and out comes the silver. I also had them blackened and again had to do the brushing and sanding. Lastly they were put into a tumbler and they came out lovely and shiny.
Thinking may be buttons for a special woven item, so will go back one day for another workshop. This time it was just 3 hours, though we were there for 4 hours so that we could finish what we all had made.
If I go back I'll book a full day workshop and think beforehand about the design. Now that I know how it works and what is possible that will be easier.
For now, I just want to feel better again, so that I feel like weaving again.
I managed to finish this book in the last few days, that I had started 2 weeks ago. Enjoyed it very much. Would have finished much sooner had I felt better as I did not want to put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment