Sunday, July 08, 2012

Back from England

I had a great 8 days away in England.
The reason for going was the Complex Weaver's Study Day with Jennifer Moore on June 29th. This was organized by Wendy Morris from Handweavers Studio.
It was great to meet up with old friends and meet new.
Though I know quite a bit about double weaving by now, it was so good to have a day with a weaver who has double weave as her speciality and I did learn new things. Whenever you have a chance to take a course with Jennifer, I highly recommend going, if you are interested in double weaving.

I also went to the V&A to see the Ballgowns. Very enjoyable to see. This exhibition is on until January 6th.
Another day was spent at New Designers. So inspirational to see this, but I was saddened that there was so little weaving compared to surface design.
I also went to see these but found it very disturbing to see. Is this what society has come to now? But glad that I was able to see these tapestries for myself.
Another visit I made was to Buckingham Palace where there was a special display of some of the Queens Diamonds. Never been and very interesting to see all.
On the way out we walked through the gardens.
A lovely experience in all.
The Olympic buzz was there to see and feel in London. But I'm glad not to be there when the crowds come in for the Olympics.
I love the general buzz of London. My first visit was in 1967 and I lived there for a few years from 1969. It feels like home going back there.

Back home now. The cats were happy to have me home again. The garden has grown quite fast so lots to do there. I have not seen the Jay yet (the nuts were finishes when I came home) but the Blue and Great Tits are busy feeding (I put out more nuts).
My grandson is at his first pony camp this week with 18 girls and 1 other boy. Looking forward to seeing how he comes out of this :-). He will also celebrate his 7th birthday at the camp.

Just watched the Men's finals at Wimbledon. Quite nail-biting at times. It would have been so nice to have an English champion again after 76 years, but not to be this time. There will be another year.

Summer is still to come. Yesterday was a lovely day and it looked like dinner could be in the garden, but just as dinner was served the rain started. Today was a very wet day. But we keep positive and hopefully summer will come before autumn arrives.

Hope to be inspired enough to do some weaving soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment