Friday, April 12, 2013

more weaving

Weaving is taking shape now. You can see clearly that the back is different from the front. As I'm using a different type of yarn as weft I want to see how it comes out after washing. I've decided to make a cushion out of the first samples and I'm halfway through the 2nd sample hoping to finish tomorrow and cut.

It really is nice to weave with the end feed shuttle. It's my heaviest shuttle ever, weighing about 170gram without a pirn. I find that the weight helps it to get easy from side to side. I could feel it in my wrists the first few days using this shuttle but it's ok now.

2 comments:

  1. i suggest you wear one of those elastic wristbands.helps relieving strain and prevents injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous weaving! That will be a stunning cushion.

    ReplyDelete